The City of El Lago maintains a list of ordinances which are updated annually, that can be accessed and examined on the web:
CITY OF EL LAGO ORDINANCES
Amended or New Ordinances
From time to time, the city amends or creates new ordinances that are not yet available via this online index. Below is a list of the amended and new ordinances that have been passed by City Council and taken effect since the last online update. (If there are no ordinances listed, the index is up to date).
City Ordinances of Note
- Overnight On-Street Parking Prohibited: On-street parking is prohibited between the hours of 3 a.m. and 5 a.m. Boats and recreational vehicles must be parked behind front set back lines. Variances can only be granted by the City Council.
- Juvenile Curfew: Persons under the age of 17 may be in violation of the curfew if they are out during school hours or after midnight without cause or supervision. The ordinance allows ticketing of both parent and child.
- Speed Limit: The speed limit in the residential portion of El Lago is 20 miles per hour (mph); 15 mph in a school zone during posted hours. Let visitors know enforcement with radar is strict to protect children and pedestrians.
Golf Carts in the City of El Lago
The City of El Lago follows Texas state laws regarding golf carts, including:
- The cart must be insured with at least minimum liability insurance with proof of liability in the cart.
- The cart must only be operated by a licensed driver and the driver must be able to present a valid driver's license when required.
- Cart must be equipped with headlights, tail lights, parking brake, reflectors, and mirrors.
- Cart must be operated in accordance with city and state traffic laws (includes being driven only on roadways (not sidewalks or grass).
Note: No registration is required to operate the golf cart on public city streets.
Parking in El Lago
Just a reminder that according to City Ordinances, it is unlawful to park in the following manner or areas:
- On the street between 3 and 5 a.m.
- On the lawn of a residence
- On the curb of a residence
- Between the curb and the residence except in the driveway of the residence
- In such a manner as to block the sidewalk
- Blocking the driveway
- Parked on the street for over 48 hours
- In any area prohibited by a traffic-control sign, "No Parking" or "No Parking Anytime - Tow Away Zone"
- In any area prohibited by a sign indicating, "No Parking Any Time - Fire Lane - Tow Away Zone"