- Aluminum / Metals: Soup/veggie cans, beverage cans, aluminum foil products, and wrapping
- Plastics Number 1 through Number 7 (excluding Number 6): Any color, size, and shape; no need to remove the lids or crush
- Cardboard: Cereal boxes, shipping boxes, food boxes (no pizza boxes - due to grease and food contamination)
- Paper: Newspapers, office paper, magazines, phone books, etc.
- No plastic wrappings
- No Styrofoam
- No plastic grocery bags (Kroger on 146 will recycle plastic bags)
- No paints
- No electronics
- No motor oil
View the household hazardous waste collection page for how to dispose of unaccepted items as well as many others.
To recycle any items that Ameriwaste does not take, go to Earth 911's website for the nearest recycling center.
Easy eRecycling for Home & Business
The Dell Corporation has teamed with Goodwill Industries to make it easy for homeowners and businesses to recycle their used computer equipment. Simply take your old equipment, functioning or not, to any of Goodwill's 2,200 participating locations in the United States and Canada. The nearest location to El Lago can be found at:
2700 Marina Bay Drive
League City, TX
They are open daily from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and can be contacted by calling 713-568-4667; for other locations, search the Dell Reconnect website by using your zip code.